We are exceptionally pleased to announce that our Tike Balance Bike was the second runner up for the Sustainability category at the recent prestigious 2010 Qantm Desktop CREATE:Awards.
Now in it’s 6th year, the 2010 Qantm Desktop CREATE:Awards has grown to become one of Australia’s most prestigious design/creative industry accolades, recognising and awarding (with over $50,000 in cash & prizes!) outstanding works in a vast array of creative fields including print, animation, fashion, packaging, website design, photography and much more.
Judged by a panel of respected industry gurus and supported by credibly renowned companies and associations (such as AGDA, Semi-Permanent, Roland DG, DiK, Australian Paper, Impact Digital and more), winning a CREATE:Award is one of the highest accolades a designer/creative can receive.
Against a field of incredible designers, Live Play Create’s Tike balance bike was awarded second runner up for the Sustainability award.
The Sustainability award recognises excellent work that is created using sustainable processes and practices. This category is be judged with a 50% focus on the delivery of a creative concept or brief, and 50% on sustainable practices, and how a company or individual is measuring and improving their “Triple Bottom Line” – social, economic and environmental.
Studios, agencies and individuals who have a strong commitment to sustainable design and environmentally friendly practices entered this category by following two steps:
- Submitting a minimum of one project in which sustainable and environmentally conscience design and/or practices are core elements, and
- Providing an “outline of sustainability”, no more than 1,000 words, explaining how you or your company address the following elements:
- Social – Helping improve the lives of those in and outside the agency
- Economic – Influencing the supply chain and investing in people
- Environmental – Reducing the impact natural resources
We are really proud of receiving this honour for this product which uses only sustainably resourced materials and with our Tike for trees program has funded the planting of over 2000 trees. We would also like to acknowledge the organisers, Qantm College and Desktop Magazine as well as the winner, Integration Studio, and first runner up, Haul.
- sustainability sustainability We choose to create quality, timeless products that are sustainably resourced and will be in style for generations to...
- Why choose a TIKE balance bike over a standard bike? Why choose a TIKE over a standard bike? Kids can ride the Tike from day one Develop key balance and...
- Tike Buddy Bag – Stylish Balance Bike Carry Bag The tike buddy bag ..perfect for carrying the best friend, water bottle, hat and snacks for the ride is a...
- Striking a balance with LIVE PLAY CREATE Over-entertaining' seems to be the future for kids play. We were determined to make sure our kids grew up balanced...
- Balance Bike Features Recommended for children aged between 2 and 6 Easy to use… your kids will be cycling in no time Handgrips...